Saturday, July 24, 2010

New pinch!!!


Check out the new jeans and tee I bought today.. I admit the picture quality is crap since I clicked this with the cam on my phone but I'm so excited with this buy because it was a total steal.. The jeans cost me just 520 bucks and the tee? only a 150 bucks ladies, that's right.. And where in the world did I manage to find this great price, you ask me? At the worst kept best secret in town.. The Jayalakshmi cloth store in Udyavar.

This (Konkani owned and operated) cloth store has been in business for more than 25 years.. I first visited them only about three years ago though.. Then, they were located in a single storied structure right beside the Udyavar bus stand.. No matter what time of the day or year you visited, you would always find crowds of shoppers there.. Stand near the till and you could see whopping bills of thousands going through at a time. The only thing lacking in that store was adequate number of trial rooms.

But I guess it got too crowded in there. So now, the store has moved 50 meters to the right and opposite side of the road. The swanky new showroom is probably the biggest show room in all of the Udupi and Manipal area. It is still single storied but with two huge U- shaped counters on each floor that sell every thing from undergarments to wedding sarees and yes, they've got more trial rooms now. There are now two billing counters and a separate cash payment counter. Another novelty is that they now have two tailors who do on the spot alterations. The only thing that hasn't changed though are the crowds. There is the same bustle and excitement anytime of the day or year. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that latest fashions + affordable prices= roaring business but Jayalakshmi was the only one to figure that out. Kudos..

This is my personal opinion of the place and does not represent an expert opinion. I have not been paid to review this place by any individual or organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment