Monday, October 26, 2009

Loneliness and Teenage Crush!


For some reason, writing about the Convocation reminded me of my school days and the very first poems I remember writing.. way back in high school.. They were my very first contributions to the school magazine too and it was such a proud moment for me when they were published.. :)

Loneliness is a blessing in disguise
For it soothes the troubled and makes one wise
Just like a heady wine, too much is too bad
When the right dosage is taken, it isn't half as bad.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Labelled as 'love' by the experienced
but named 'crush' by the wise,
This infatuation in high schools
is a fairly common sight,
They know not how it happens,
but it ends in despair;
For often it is a one-sided affair.

But the moments when these poems were conceived were dark moments for me then.. I had a crush on this guy- a really bad crush that lasted three years- who never cared for me.. Oh well, I did get over him eventually but now it feels like a waste of three really important years of my life.. But then it's always easier to see sense after the deed is done, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment